January 25-27, 2019 | New York City
Why Before Broadway?
Young performers entering the industry are often without access to the insight and guidance of the professionals with whom they will interact when they begin to seek employment as actors. Camp Broadway alumni and the early career performers on our staff had consistently pointed this out as a gap in the formal training and education as performers. This same group of young aspiring performers also indicated that there was a lack of professional performance opportunities at this stage of their development. As a company dedicated to supporting young people in the field, Camp Broadway responded to this feedback through the creation of a program to address this need in our pre-professional community.
The program includes:
- Group and individual rehearsals with coaching sessions by Broadway professionals
- Role in Before Broadway showcase accompanied by a band and celebrity host (to be announced)
- Lunches and pre-show dinner at 54 Below
- Individual feedback from casting agents and industry advisors
- Program mementos
To Be Eligible You Must Be:
- 18 to 25 years of age by January 27
- Enrolled in or completed a musical theatre degree program at a university or training program
Submit your audition on Acceptd, the online audition platform where you’ll find audio and video resources necessary for your submission, as well as detailed instructions on how to create your video and submit your application.